DarkTree 2.5 is now available!
We, the Darkling developers, have been hard at work making DarkTree even better. 2.5 opens DarkTree to new users, adds programmer access, and includes some new goodies for the rest of us. This is a free upgrade for DarkTree 2 owners (go here for the update).
New 2.5 Features
Here is the new stuff:
- Cinema4D - DarkTree now includes plugin support for Cinema4D (Windows only).
- Renderman - DarkTree now includes plugin support for Renderman compatible renderers (Windows only).
- 3ds max - SimbiontMAX now supports render elements, baking, and radiosity.
- DarkTree Engine API - you can now write your own DarkTree based plugins.
- Component API - you can now code your own procedural components for DarkTree.
- Blend Tile - a new tile mode offers higher quality tiling results.
- Minimum/Maximum - all minimum and maximum components now have a new soft blend feature.
- Gamma Function - a new generator component for generating gamma curves.
- UVW Output - render bitmaps specifically for UVW mapped .obj
and .lws models giving you bitmap speed and procedural quality.
- Large Output - render very large scale bitmaps in sections. This was designed specifically for billboard graphics.
- Normal Maps - bitmaps can now be rendered out as normal maps
where color is used to encode the surface normal. Normal maps are higher quality than elevation bump maps and are used for realtime hardware shading.
- Larger Previews - component editor previews are now larger.
- Preview Zoom - you can now zoom in and out on the component
editor preview allowing you to see your texture at different scales.